Carbide thread mills are cutting tools used for creating internal and external threads in a variety of materials. Here are some of the specifications of carbide thread mills:
- Material: Carbide thread mills are typically made from solid carbide.
- Diameter: The diameter of a carbide thread mill refers to the width of the cutting tool. It is usually measured in inches or millimeters.
- Pitch: The pitch of a carbide thread mill refers to the distance between threads. It is usually measured in threads per inch (TPI) or millimeters per thread (mm/t).
- Number of Flutes: The number of flutes on a carbide thread mill refers to the number of cutting edges on the tool. The more flutes a tool has, the more efficient it is at cutting.
- Helix angle: The helix angle of a carbide thread mill is the angle between the cutting edge of the flute and the centerline of the tool. This angle can vary depending on the thread mill type, the material and the thread size.
- Length of Cut: The length of cut of a carbide thread mill refers to the maximum depth of the cut that can be made by the tool. It is usually measured in inches or millimeters.
- Shank Diameter: The shank diameter of a carbide thread mill refers to the diameter of the tool’s shank where it attaches to the machine spindle.
- Coating: Some carbide thread mills have coatings, such as TiN, TiAlN, or AlTiN, to enhance their durability and performance.
- Insert geometry : the insert geometry of a carbide thread mill refers to the shape of the cutting edge, it could be either a round, square or a triangular insert.
M5x0.80 Pitch Micro-thread milling cutter
- Series: Peak – 1000 Series
- Order Code: M10x1.50 P Thread Mill
- Package Quantity: 1
- Item Dimension: 6.00×57.00mm
- Coating : TiCN
- Material: Tungsten Solid Carbide
- Shank: Straight
- Drilling Diameter: Ø4.20
- Tool Diameter: Ø3.80